Inside Sales Representative Posted: August 27, 2013
Genesis CCTV is a different culture of security manufacturer. As an industry pioneer, Genesis centers on providing custom designed solutions with unparalleled customer support, as we truly believe in creating solid relationships based on trust, confidence, and innovation.
We thoroughly research, test, and evaluate our products to ensure the highest standard of performance and reliability for our customers. Our commitment to quality and innovation enables us to provide proven solutions that help minimize field time and maximize profit margins.
The Inside Sales Representative will provide daily customer contact via telephone and computer on new and updated products, promotions and trainings. While building relationships with customers, distributors and district/regional sales representatives, they promote and sell products via telephone and record customer information in database. Sales are typically made through outbound/inbound telephone conversations and electronic inquiries. Focus on retaining and growing an existing customer base. Every representative will be involved in sales training, perform product sales presentations and submit quarterly sales reviews. Representative must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and quoting tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Generating and closing telephone/walk-in sales orders through telemarketing, face-to-face selling and participating in marketing/sales events. You will also share in developing/maintaining new/current business relationships and identifying and growing potential sources of business.
- Processes orders and provides customer service by assisting in product selection, negotiating prices, performing order/quote entry, researching/resolving customer questions/complaints, maintain/providing sales literature/displays and arranging for customer training.
- Generate sales and grow Genesis’s market share by asking probing questions to both new and existing customers, cold/warm-calling current/prospective customers, educating them about our products and providing application assistance and advice.
- Comply with operational requirements by ensuring properly completed & carefully reviewed orders.
- Willing to help with inventory and reconciling physical product counts.
- Participate internal sales meetings, share market information and discuss product development
- Able to schedule conference calls, make initial presentations, coordinate virtual demos, discuss technical details about our products and understand customer requirements.
- Must be EXTREMELY organized and FOLLOW UP on every opportunity
- Participate in industry events by attending trade shows/association programs and obtaining/providing product training. Willing to traveling and assist with booth setups and takedowns of company event displays.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years Sales or Technical Experience
Additional Qualifications Preferred
- Industry knowledge and sales / negotiation skills.
- Security, CCTV, IP and AV technology and products knowledge, and project sales experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently without close supervision, and have a team mentality.
- Goal oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic, do what it takes to get the job done-approach, while maintaining high business ethical standards.
- Ability to learn quickly and handle high call volume and thinks outside the box.
- Excellent selling, negotiating and closing skills with ability to build long term business relationships.
- Strong customer service skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organization, time-management and basic math skills.
- Strong verbal, organization, customer service, multi-tasking skills.